Where in Wisconsin is Mosinee?
The City of Mosinee resides in central Wisconsin between the Cities of Wausau and Stevens Point. Mosinee is located at the intersections of State Highway 153 and U.S. Highway 51/I-39.
What does Mosinee mean?
The word “ Mosinee ” is an Indian word meaning “cold land” (Winnebago) or “moose” (Chippewa). Originally, the town was called Little Bull Falls as the rapids in the nearby Wisconsin River sounded like the roar of a little bull.
What is Mosinee Wisconsin known for?
As loggers moved in and the area was settled, Mosinee was founded as “Little Bull Falls,” named after a local falls known for its loud roar. In 1839, John Moore built the first sawmill to take advantage of the rapids and famous falls to cut the tons of logs that floated to it into lumber.
What is in Mosinee?
Best Things To Do near Mosinee, WI 54455
- Monk Botanical Gardens. 14.2 mi. 1 review.
- Yawkey House Museum. 12.6 mi. 1 review.
- Marathon County Historical Society. 12.6 mi. 1 review.
- Jody’s Drawings. 1.2 mi. Art Galleries.
- Paper City Bowling Center. 1.0 mi.
- Two’s Company Restaurant & Lounge. 1.0 mi.
- Divepoint Scuba Paddle & Adventure Center. 18.7 mi.
- Hammer Down Bar. 4.9 mi.
Who is the mayor of Mosinee WI?
Brent Jacobson – Mayor As Mayor of Mosinee, I am always available to you, whether you are a resident, current or prospective business owner, or someone just interested in learning a little more about our community.