- 1 What is Door County known for?
- 2 What is there to do in Door County today?
- 3 What is the best town to stay in Door County?
- 4 How many days do you need in Door County?
- 5 What is the best time to visit Door County?
- 6 What is peak season in Door County?
- 7 Is anything open in Door County?
- 8 What is there to do today near me for free?
- 9 What is there to do in Door County at night?
- 10 What is there to do in Door County in April?
- 11 How long is the ferry ride to Washington Island WI?
- 12 Are there bears in Door County Wisconsin?
- 13 What is there to do in Door County in May?
- 14 How long is the drive from Chicago to Door County?
- 15 How far is Milwaukee from Door County Wisconsin?
What is Door County known for?
Known for its picturesque coastal towns, specialty shops, fish boils, cherry and apple orchards and scenic beauty, Door County, Wisconsin is often referred to as the “Cape Cod of the Midwest.” With the waters of Green Bay on one side and Lake Michigan on the other, the Door Peninsula offers spectacular waterfront views
What is there to do in Door County today?
Top Attractions in Door County
- Cave Point County Park. 1,205. Parks.
- Washington Island Ferry Line. 625. Ferries.
- Peninsula State Park. 1,686. State Parks.
- Stone’s Throw Winery. 673. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Schoolhouse Beach. 420. Beaches.
- Seaquist Orchards Farm Market. 209.
- Harbor Ridge Winery. 300.
- Washington Island Stavkirke. 240.
What is the best town to stay in Door County?
7 reasons Fish Creek is the best town in Door County.
How many days do you need in Door County?
If you ‘re going to Door County to see the nature of the Great Lakes, 3 days is good. There’s no better place to see the nature of the Great Lakes between Door County and Chicago. If you want to see more of the Great Lakes, consider a drive further north to Pictured Rocks or Apostle Islands.
What is the best time to visit Door County?
In late May and early June, see the rare wildflowers at Ridges Sanctuary near Baileys Harbor and at the 28 state natural areas in Door County. For more, see Spring in Door County. Hotel rates start to go down in mid-August, and weekdays in September and October are very pleasant. Locals say September is the best month.
What is peak season in Door County?
Summer is Door County’s peak season, and that means there’s no shortage of ways to get outside and stay active. From woods and water to fairways and byways, the area boasts all kinds of environments and terrains.
Is anything open in Door County?
Door County is open and all visitors are welcome. Local businesses continue taking precautions to provide a safe experience for customers and their employees.
What is there to do today near me for free?
Best Free Things to Do Near Me
- San Francisco Botanical Garden. 592 reviews. Botanical Gardens, Museums.
- Tom and Jerry’s House. 86 reviews. Local Flavor.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum. 953 reviews. Museums.
- Seward Street Slides. 540 reviews.
- Entwined Lighted Forest. 21 reviews.
- Hidden Garden Steps. 74 reviews.
- The Glass Elevators. 30 reviews.
- Twin Peaks. 1181 reviews.
What is there to do in Door County at night?
The Best 10 Nightlife in Door County, WI
- Stabbur Beer Garden at Al Johnson’s. 12.3 mi. 29 reviews. $$ Beer Gardens.
- Hatch Distilling. 0.4 mi. 33 reviews.
- The Hof Bar. 0.9 mi. 1 review.
- Red Room. 15.7 mi. 22 reviews.
- Peninsula Pub. 3.7 mi. 62 reviews.
- Bayside Tavern. 5.7 mi. 122 reviews.
- Fred & Fuzzy’s Waterfront Bar & Grill. 11.2 mi. 144 reviews.
- Blue Ox. 7.2 mi. 30 reviews.
What is there to do in Door County in April?
April & May Events in Door County
- Ellison Bay Easter Egg Hunt. Fitzgerald Park, Ellison Bay.
- Jacksonport Easter Egg Hunt. Lakeside Park, Jacksonport.
- Sister Bay Easter Egg Hunt.
- Baileys Harbor Brown Trout Tournament.
- Every Day is Earth Day Festival.
- Southern Door Eagles Trail Trot.
- Sturgeon Bay Rotary Shipyard Tours.
- Door County Half Marathon & Nicolet Bay 5k.
How long is the ferry ride to Washington Island WI?
The ride to Washington Island is approximately 4.5 miles, or 30 minutes, and our ferries take you past several islands on the way to Washington Island.
Are there bears in Door County Wisconsin?
Black bears aren’t common in Door County, but it’s estimated there may be a dozen or so on the peninsula at any given time. Bear sightings on the peninsula are extremely rare, but wildlife experts estimate there could be anywhere from 10 to 20 in Door County at any given time.
What is there to do in Door County in May?
Here are our top five things to do in Door County in May:
- Door County Half Marathon & Nicolet Bay 5K.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day in Door County.
- Ellison Bay Spring Art Crawl.
- Blessing of the Fleet Festival & Scottie Rally.
How long is the drive from Chicago to Door County?
Yes, the driving distance between Chicago to Door County is 236 miles. It takes approximately 3h 57m to drive from Chicago to Door County.
How far is Milwaukee from Door County Wisconsin?
The distance between Milwaukee and Door County is 121 miles. The road distance is 144.8 miles.