- 1 What are 5 interesting facts about Wisconsin?
- 2 What is Wisconsin famous food?
- 3 What is Wisconsin known for other than cheese?
- 4 What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
- 5 What is illegal in Wisconsin?
- 6 What is the weirdest fact?
- 7 What drink is Wisconsin known for?
- 8 What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
- 9 Who is famous from Wisconsin?
- 10 What can you only get in Wisconsin?
- 11 What do you call someone from Wisconsin?
- 12 Why is Wisconsin cheese so good?
- 13 Is Wisconsin a good place to live?
- 14 Where is the best place to live in Wisconsin?
- 15 What is there to do in Wisconsin right now?
What are 5 interesting facts about Wisconsin?
Statistics and Fun Facts About Wisconsin
- Admitted to Union: May 29, 1848 as the 30th State.
- Capital: Madison.
- Highest Elevation: Timms Hill (Price County) 1,951.5 feet.
- Population (2000): 5,363,675.
- Largest City (1990): Milwaukee: 628,088.
- Land Area: 34.8 million acres.
- Water Area: 1.13 million acres.
- State Parks: 60,570 acres.
What is Wisconsin famous food?
Known as “America’s Dairyland”, Wisconsin is famous for its cheese and cheese products, such as cheese curds, and dairy products, such as frozen custard. Other notable foods common to the region include bratwursts, beer and Old Fashioned cocktails, butter burgers, fish fries and fish boils, and booyah stew.
What is Wisconsin known for other than cheese?
Milk Goats. Wisconsin may be No. 2 in milk cows, but our Dairy State nickname holds true when it comes to milk goats.
What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
1. Oshkosh. The small town of Oshkosh on Lake Winnebago, northwest of Milwaukee, is famous for two things: the popular line of kids’ clothing and its place on the world’s airshow circuit. The world’s largest meeting of aviators, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has been held here every summer since 1970.
What is illegal in Wisconsin?
Not Many People Realize That These 10 Things Are Actually Illegal In Wisconsin
- You can’t serve margarine at a restaurant unless the customer specifically requests it.
- It is illegal to not give a farm animal the right of way on a public road.
- It is illegal to not base business hours on central time.
- Adultery is illegal.
What is the weirdest fact?
65 Facts So Weird You Won’t Believe They’re True
- There’s a company that turns dead bodies into an ocean reef.
- The name “bonobo” resulted from a misspelling.
- There is an annual Coffee Break Festival.
- You can buy a flying bicycle.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Vacuum cleaners were originally horse-drawn.
What drink is Wisconsin known for?
Also known as the Brandy Old Fashioned, this variation on the traditional whiskey-based Old Fashioned is practically Wisconsin’s official drink, and it’s what will bw placed before you in bars all over the Badger State.
What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
Wisconsin cranberries may not be as famous as Door County Cherries, but they’re no underdog. Cranberries are actually Wisconsin’s official state fruit, and the state produces more than half of the entire world’s supply!
Who is famous from Wisconsin?
Famous People From Wisconsin
- Zack Snyder. 01 March 1966, American. Film Director.
- Mark Ruffalo. 22 November 1967, American.
- Chris Farley. 15 February 1964, American.
- Orson Welles. 06 May 1915, American.
- Liz Cheney. 28 July 1966, American.
- JJ Watt. 22 March 1989, American.
- Willem Dafoe. 22 July 1955, American.
- Danica Patrick. 25 March 1982, American.
What can you only get in Wisconsin?
17 fantastic things you can only do in Wisconsin
- Bowl the oldest lanes in the country.
- Gorge yourself on frozen custard.
- Drink copious amounts of brandy old fashioneds.
- Spread your love for Wisconsin over at the National Mustard Museum.
- Fill your glass with Wisconsin beer history (or just beer)
- Visit the country’s largest water park.
What do you call someone from Wisconsin?
People who live in Wisconsin are called Wisconsinites and Cheeseheads.
Why is Wisconsin cheese so good?
Delicious cheese and Wisconsin, It’s a natural partnership When the finest milk in the country is put into the hands of skilled and knowledgeable cheese makers, the end result is nothing less than exceptional cheese. Wisconsin Cheese Mart has been part of this tradition for more than 80 years.
Is Wisconsin a good place to live?
Is Wisconsin a great place to live? Wisconsin is considered a great place to live for its good schools, easily affordable big cities, beautiful natural vistas, and midwestern hospitality. The cities of Milwaukee, Eau Claire, and Appleton remain some of the top spots to raise a family in the United States.
Where is the best place to live in Wisconsin?
Whitefish Bay ranked as the best place to live in Wisconsin, Niche report says. Whitefish Bay, you’re back to No. 1. The suburb in Milwaukee’s North Shore topped Niche’s annual ” Best Places to Live ” online rankings in 2021.
What is there to do in Wisconsin right now?
Lets explore the best things to do in Wisconsin:
- Cave of the Mounds. Source: wtmj Cave of the Mounds.
- Interstate State Park. Source: flickr Interstate State Park.
- Historic Cedarburg. Source: flickr Historic Cedarburg.
- Wisconsin State Capitol.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
- National Railroad Museum.
- Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Apostle Islands.