- 1 What is Appleton WI famous for?
- 2 Is Appleton WI nice?
- 3 Is Oshkosh in Outagamie County?
- 4 How far is Appleton from Green Bay?
- 5 How far is Appleton WI from Milwaukee?
- 6 What is there to do in Appleton Wisconsin today?
- 7 What is there to do in Appleton WI today?
- 8 How far is Appleton Wisconsin from Chicago?
- 9 Is Appleton WI dangerous?
- 10 What is the cost of living in Appleton WI?
- 11 How cold does it get in Appleton WI?
- 12 Who owns Appleton?
- 13 Why is Kaukauna called Electric City?
- 14 What is the sales tax in Outagamie County Wisconsin?
What is Appleton WI famous for?
Famous Folks and Amazing Facts: Appleton’s Fame and Glory
- Appleton is where Harry Houdini grew up.
- Actor Willem Dafoe of Green Goblin fame began his career acting with the local Attic Theatre.
- Maury Laws may be one of the more famous people from Appleton.
- Senator Joseph McCarthy got his political start in this area.
Is Appleton WI nice?
One of the safest cities in Wisconsin, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, Appleton is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton, WI Ranking Data.
Is Oshkosh in Outagamie County?
As of the 2010 census, the population was 176,695. Its county seat is Appleton. Outagamie County is included in the Appleton, WI Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is also included in the Appleton-Neenah- Oshkosh, WI Combined Statistical Area. Outagamie County, Wisconsin.
How far is Appleton from Green Bay?
Distance between Green Bay and Appleton is 42 kilometers (26 miles).
How far is Appleton WI from Milwaukee?
The total driving distance from Milwaukee, WI to Appleton, WI is 108 miles or 174 kilometers.
What is there to do in Appleton Wisconsin today?
Top Attractions in Appleton
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center. 355.
- Hearthstone Historic House Museum. 148.
- Building for Kids. 143.
- The History Museum at the Castle. 150.
- Butterfly Gardens of Wisconsin. Zoos • Gardens.
- Paper Discovery Center.
- Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve.
- Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium.
What is there to do in Appleton WI today?
14 Best Things to Do in Appleton, WI
- Butterfly Gardens of Wisconsin.
- Downtown Appleton Farmer’s Market, Appleton, WI.
- Fox Trot Trail, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve, Appleton, WI.
- Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Appleton, WI.
- History Museum at the Castle, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- MiLB Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.
How far is Appleton Wisconsin from Chicago?
The total driving distance from Chicago, IL to Appleton, WI is 195 miles or 314 kilometers. The total straight line flight distance from Chicago, IL to Appleton, WI is 169 miles.
Is Appleton WI dangerous?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Appleton is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Appleton is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Wisconsin, Appleton has a crime rate that is higher than 82% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is the cost of living in Appleton WI?
Appleton cost of living is 84.9
|COST OF LIVING||Appleton||Wisconsin|
|Median Home Cost||$155,900||$188,100|
How cold does it get in Appleton WI?
In Appleton, the summers are warm; the winters are freezing, dry, and windy; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 12°F to 81°F and is rarely below -7°F or above 89°F.
Who owns Appleton?
Appleton International, owned by Outagamie County, saw more than 717,000 passengers pass in and out of the airport throughout 2018.
Why is Kaukauna called Electric City?
Kaukauna become known as the “ Electric City ” because of its ability to harness the waters of the Fox River to produce electricity.
What is the sales tax in Outagamie County Wisconsin?
Sales Tax Rate Chart
|COUNTY NAME AND CODE||STATE TAX RATE||TOTAL|