What is Wisconsin Rapids known for?
The Wisconsin Rapids Area is home to some of the largest cranberry marshes in the country. For nearly fifty miles, the Cranberry Highway winds through century-old cranberry beds from Wisconsin Rapids to Warrens and from Pittsville to Nekoosa.
Is Wisconsin Rapids a good place to live?
Wisconsin Rapids is a great place to live, raise a family or even retire. The City offers a low cost of living, great park system and beautiful riverfront that the City is now promoting as a recreational and leisure asset.
What is there to do in Wisconsin Rapids today?
- Wisconsin Rapids Municipal Zoo. Zoos.
- South Wood County Historical Museum. Speciality Museums.
- Glacial Lake Cranberries. Farms.
- The Performing Arts Center. Theaters.
- Wisconsin River Papermaking Museum. Speciality Museums.
- Whetstone’s Antiques. Antique Shops.
- Veterans’ Memorial Park. Parks.
- Cranberry Highway. Scenic Drives.
Is Wisconsin a safe place to live?
2021 Wisconsin crime rates Wisconsin’s violent crime rate is 22% below the national rate of 3.7 incidents per 1,000 people. The Badger State is tied with Ohio for the lowest violent crime rate in the region and also claims the lowest regional property crime rate.
How did Wisconsin Rapids get its name?
The history of Wisconsin Rapids literally is “a Tale of Two Cities.” It was not until 1900 that “Grand Rapids ” on the east, and “Centralia” on the west bank of the Wisconsin River, consolidated, and not until 1920 that its name became ” Wisconsin Rapids.” The English and Irish founders of Grand Rapids had worked their
What is Wood County known for?
The county was named for Captain Eleazer D. Wood, the engineer for General William Henry Harrison’s army, who built Fort Meigs in the War of 1812. Wood County is part of the Toledo, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area. Wood County, Ohio.
|Named for||Captain Eleazer D. Wood|
|Largest city||Bowling Green|
What stores are in Wisconsin Rapids?
- Beaver’s Dime Store. 410 Market Street, Nekoosa, WI 54457.
- County Freckles. 1010 8th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
- Cropportunities2, LLC. 380 3rd Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495.
- Family Natural Foods.
- Lighthouse Books & Gifts.
- Paul Gross Jewelers.
- Pritzls Trading Post.