- 1 How do I get my home inspector license in Wisconsin?
- 2 Do Home Inspectors make good money?
- 3 Do home inspectors have to be licensed in Wisconsin?
- 4 Do you need a degree to be a home inspector?
- 5 How much does a home inspector make in Wisconsin?
- 6 Where can I take the NHIE exam?
- 7 Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
- 8 Is home inspector a good side job?
- 9 What tools does a home inspector need?
- 10 How do I become a home inspector in MN?
- 11 How do you become a home inspector in Ohio?
- 12 Is becoming a home inspector hard?
- 13 How long should a home inspection take?
- 14 How much does AHIT training cost?
How do I get my home inspector license in Wisconsin?
Inspectors must: 1) Register as a home inspector, 2) Pass the state examination on Statutes and Administrative rules, 3) Pass the National Home Inspector Examination, and 4) Complete 40 hours of continuing education for every 2-year renewal period. $199 Free AHI Membership!
Do Home Inspectors make good money?
High Home Inspector Salary The income potential for a home inspector really comes down to where the inspector works and how hard that individual is willing to work. While salary average estimates differ depending on the source, the average home inspector in the U.S. makes about $50,000 to $70,000 each year.
Do home inspectors have to be licensed in Wisconsin?
Home Inspector Licensing Individuals are required to take the National Home Inspector Examination administered by the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors as well as the Wisconsin Home Inspector Statutes and Rules Examination. For more details, visit the Department of Safety and Professional Services.
Do you need a degree to be a home inspector?
5 Steps to Becoming a Home Inspector However, some statutes require a high school degree, an apprenticeship, or completion of 128-140 pre-licensing class hours. The BLS suggests that job prospects complete an associate degree or a certificate in building inspection technology, drafting, or construction technology.
How much does a home inspector make in Wisconsin?
How Much Does a Home Inspector Make in Wisconsin? The average annual salary for a home inspector in the state of Wisconsin is $54,940 per year or $26.41 per hour. Of course, if average is your goal, you won’t be self employed for long.
Where can I take the NHIE exam?
Where to take the NHIE. The National Home Inspector Examination ® is administered at more than 300 testing centers nationwide and in Canada. All centers are equipped with touchscreen computer technology and most are available six days a week. Examinees may register online here.
Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
Job Outlook Employment of construction and building inspectors is projected to grow 3 percent from 2019 to 2029, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Public interest in safety and the desire to improve the quality of construction should continue to create demand for inspectors.
Is home inspector a good side job?
@Marc Weisi I would most definitely go with home inspection as a side hustle. You get paid $300 to $400 from an inspection which will probably require about 3 hours per house. That’s damn good pocket money. You will have to market yourself and network to get jobs of course.
What tools does a home inspector need?
Tool vest: Inspectors need to carry a variety of tools while they inspect a home. Flashlights, a moisture meter, infrared thermometer, electrical testers, cell phone, and a mirror are just some of the equipment they commonly carry.
How do I become a home inspector in MN?
Minnesota Home Inspector License Requirements
- Take a home inspection training course – Our Master Online Training Course is ideal for Minnesota!
- Learn the Standards of Practice for Home Inspection (SOP).
- Pass the NHIE (recommended but not required).
How do you become a home inspector in Ohio?
Ohio Home Inspection License Requirements
- Complete a fingerprint-based criminal records check.
- Be at least age 18 with diploma or GED.
- Complete 80 hours of classroom or online prelicensing education.
- Complete 40 hours of field experience or 10 parallel inspections.
- Pass the National Home Inspector Exam (NHIE)
Is becoming a home inspector hard?
Getting your home inspection certification requires a lot of education, testing, and hands on training. This is not to say that the process is difficult – it will simply take time and hard work to do it right.
How long should a home inspection take?
A typical home inspection takes a few hours for an average-sized house. Then the report takes about 3-4 days to complete. The home inspector will go through the interior and exterior of the house to record any broken, defected, or hazardous issues with the house and the area surrounding the house.
How much does AHIT training cost?
About American Home Inspectors Training ( AHIT ) The cost to attend American Home Inspectors Training ( AHIT ) ranges from $700 to $2,000 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $1,400. When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, “I paid for it myself”.