- 1 What lake is Sturgeon Bay on?
- 2 What is Sturgeon Bay known for?
- 3 How far is Sturgeon Bay from Green Bay?
- 4 How do I get to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin?
- 5 What kind of fish are in Sturgeon Bay?
- 6 How deep is the Sturgeon Bay Canal?
- 7 What is the best town to stay in Door County?
- 8 Is Sturgeon Bay Nice?
- 9 What is there to do in downtown Sturgeon Bay?
- 10 What is there to do in Sturgeon Bay in the winter?
- 11 How far is Sturgeon Bay from Egg Harbor?
- 12 Where can I fish in Sturgeon Bay?
What lake is Sturgeon Bay on?
Sturgeon Bay is an arm of Green Bay extending southeastward approximately 10 miles into the Door Peninsula at the city of Sturgeon Bay, located approximately halfway up the Door Peninsula. The bay is connected to Lake Michigan by the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal.
What is Sturgeon Bay known for?
Sturgeon Bay is the City that Lives On, and For, the Water From thousand-foot lakers to small bass-fishing boats, this community’s heritage is all about boats and water. You can visit the acclaimed Door County Maritime Museum or admire the historic Michigan Street Bridge.
How far is Sturgeon Bay from Green Bay?
The distance between Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay is 39 miles. The road distance is 43.9 miles.
How do I get to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin?
Take I-94 east to Hwy 29 (just past Menomonie, WI ). Hwy 29 will take you to Green Bay. Take Hwy 41 north briefly, then I-43 south briefly to the Hwy 57 north exit (follow the signs to Sturgeon Bay ).
What kind of fish are in Sturgeon Bay?
Fish You Can Catch On Sturgeon Bay Anglers will have plenty of opportunities along the shores to catch walleye, northern pike, steelhead, whitefish, perch, lake trout, muskies and salmon.
How deep is the Sturgeon Bay Canal?
As of May 2016, the canal was 125 feet (38 m) wide and 20 feet (6.1 m) deep. A jetty extends into Lake Michigan 1,350 feet (410 m) and 800 feet (240 m) wide at the mouth.
What is the best town to stay in Door County?
7 reasons Fish Creek is the best town in Door County.
Is Sturgeon Bay Nice?
Sturgeon Bay, WI is a nice family friendly town that is very safe, very short commute times, because it is a small of less than 10,000 people. It is a very tourist driven area, so most of the jobs available are very seasonal unless you like factory work or the ship yard.
What is there to do in downtown Sturgeon Bay?
Top Attractions in Sturgeon Bay
- Cave Point County Park. 1,205. Parks.
- The Farm. 315. Farms.
- Door Peninsula Winery. 546. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Door County Maritime Museum. 400. Speciality Museums.
- Whitefish Dunes State Park. 282. State Parks.
- Door County Historical Museum. 151.
- The Garden Door. Gardens.
- Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery. 349.
What is there to do in Sturgeon Bay in the winter?
Top 10 Winter To-Dos in Sturgeon Bay
- Snowshoeing/Cross Country Skiing/Motorized Sports.
- Ice Fishing.
- Scavenger Hunt.
- See a Play.
- Go to a Concert.
- Visit Museums and Galleries.
How far is Sturgeon Bay from Egg Harbor?
There are 15.17 miles from Sturgeon Bay to Egg Harbor in northeast direction and 17 miles (27.36 kilometers) by car, following the WI-42 route. Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor are 23 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Sturgeon Bay, WI to Egg Harbor, WI.
Where can I fish in Sturgeon Bay?
Cast around these hot fishing spots in Sturgeon Bay:
- BayView Park/Old Train Bridge Station (Green Bay waters):
- Potawatomi State Park (Green Bay waters):
- Stone Quarry (Green Bay waters):
- Sunset Park (Green Bay waters):
- Bullhead Point (Green Bay waters):
- Canal Station (Waters of Lake Michigan):
- Graham Park: