- 1 How big is Ladysmith Wisconsin?
- 2 How far is Ladysmith Wisconsin from Hayward Wisconsin?
- 3 How did Ladysmith Wisconsin get its name?
- 4 What is Ladysmith WI known for?
- 5 What is Ladysmith famous for?
- 6 What hotels are in Ladysmith Wisconsin?
- 7 What county is Rusk WI in?
- 8 What is in Ladysmith WI?
- 9 Why was Ladysmith built where it is?
How big is Ladysmith Wisconsin?
Ladysmith is a city and the county seat of Rusk County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 3,414 at the 2010 census.
|• Total||4.59 sq mi (11.90 km2)|
|• Land||4.22 sq mi (10.93 km2)|
|• Water||0.38 sq mi (0.97 km2)|
|Elevation||1,145 ft (349 m)|
How far is Ladysmith Wisconsin from Hayward Wisconsin?
Distance from Ladysmith, WI to Hayward, WI There are 42.20 miles from Ladysmith to Hayward in northwest direction and 57 miles (91.73 kilometers) by car, following the WI -27 and WI -70 route.
How did Ladysmith Wisconsin get its name?
It was in the year of 1900 that the name of Warner gave way for the name of Ladysmith. It was named to honor the bride of Charles R. Smith, head of the Menasha Wooden Ware Co.
What is Ladysmith WI known for?
Ladysmith is also known for a famous hoax concerning a “Petrified Man.” In 1926, two loggers reported finding a petrified man in the center of a tree they were cutting down, complete with clothing and documents.
What is Ladysmith famous for?
Ladysmith is a historic city in the Uthukela District of KwaZulu-Natal. It is famous for being the hometown of the award-winning Ladysmith Black Mambazo and for its rich variety of Battlefields, monuments, and memorials commemorating those who fought in the second Boer War and the Siege of Ladysmith.
What hotels are in Ladysmith Wisconsin?
Hotels in Ladysmith
- Ladysmith Motel & Suites. 2.5-star.
- Cobblestone Hotels & Suites – Ladysmith. 4.2 miles to city centre.
- El Rancho Motel. 2-star.
- Peaceful Cabin on the Flambeau River. 4.9 miles to city centre.
- The Bunkhouse. 3.4 miles to city centre.
- North Country Cottage. 2.9 miles to city centre.
- Paradise Shores 4.
- Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast.
What county is Rusk WI in?
Town of Rusk | Burnett County, WI – Official Website.
What is in Ladysmith WI?
Things to do in Ladysmith
- Wisconsin’s Plow Museum. 998 E 3rd St N.
- Rusk County Historical Society. 998 E 3rd St S.
- Reclaimed Flambeau Mine Nature Trails. N4100 Highway 27.
- Memorial Park. Grocery or Supermarket.
- Gordy’s Market. 400 W 9th St N.
- Greenwood Park. Grocery or Supermarket.
- Holly’s Last Stand. 1610 Lake Ave W.
- Ladysmith Family Restaurant.
Why was Ladysmith built where it is?
Set on the banks of the Klip River, and named after Sir Harry Smith’s Spanish wife, Ladysmith was established in 1850 and served as a staging-post for fortune hunters on their way to the gold fields in the then Transvaal, and the diamond diggings at Kimberley.