- 1 What latitude zone is Wisconsin?
- 2 How many degrees north is Milwaukee?
- 3 How do I find my latitude and longitude coordinates?
- 4 What is Wisconsin’s most famous for?
- 5 What parallel is Buffalo on?
- 6 What cities are on the 42nd parallel?
- 7 What parallel is Milwaukee?
- 8 How do you find coordinates?
- 9 How do you read map coordinates?
- 10 Is latitude vertical or horizontal?
- 11 What is the highest and lowest point in Wisconsin?
- 12 What is the altitude in Wisconsin?
- 13 Is Wisconsin low or high altitude?
What latitude zone is Wisconsin?
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 44.500000, -89.500000. Wisconsin is one of the northern states of the USA, situated quite close to the border with Canada. Wisconsin, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info.
|DMS Lat||44° 30′ 0.0000” N|
|DMS Long||89° 30′ 0.0000” W|
How many degrees north is Milwaukee?
The equator is the base line and is given a latitude of 0 degrees. Using this system, Milwaukee is 43 degrees north of the equator in latitude.
How do I find my latitude and longitude coordinates?
Get the coordinates of a place
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- Right-click the place or area on the map.
- Select the latitude and longitude, this will automatically copy the coordinates.
What is Wisconsin’s most famous for?
Wisconsin is the dairy capital of the United States and is sometimes called “America’s Dairyland.” It has more dairy cows than any other state (1,500,000), produces more milk than any other state — and 15% of the entire country’s milk. Wisconsin has over 14,000 lakes and 7,446 streams and rivers.
What parallel is Buffalo on?
Buffalo is located at latitude 42.88645 and longitude -78.87837.
What cities are on the 42nd parallel?
The 42nd parallel north is a circle of latitude that is 42 degrees north of the Earth’s equatorial plane. United States
- Crescent City, California.
- Yreka, California.
- Hartford, Connecticut.
- Ames, Iowa.
- Chicago, Illinois.
- Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Coldwater, Michigan.
- Erie, Pennsylvania.
What parallel is Milwaukee?
The latitude of Milwaukee, WI, USA is 43.038902, and the longitude is -87.906471. Milwaukee, WI, USA is located at United States country in the Cities place category with the gps coordinates of 43° 2′ 20.0472” N and 87° 54′ 23.2956” W. Milwaukee, WI, USA Lat Long Coordinates Info.
How do you find coordinates?
Get the coordinates of a place
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Touch and hold an area of the map that isn’t labeled. You’ll see a red pin appear.
- You’ll see the coordinates in the search box at the top.
How do you read map coordinates?
When outlining the coordinates of a location, the line of latitude is always given first followed by the line of longitude. Therefore, the coordinates of this location will be: 10°N latitude, 70°W longitude. The line of latitude is read as 41 degrees (41°), 24 minutes (24′), 12.2 seconds (12.2”) north.
Is latitude vertical or horizontal?
The horizontal lines are latitude and the vertical lines are longitude.
What is the highest and lowest point in Wisconsin?
At 595 meters (1951 feet) above sea level, Timms Hill, located in the northern central part of Wisconsin, is the highest point in the state. The state’s lowest elevation is Lake Michigan at 177 meters (581 feet).
What is the altitude in Wisconsin?
Other major high elevation points of Wisconsin include Mt. Whittlesey (1872 feet) and Meteor Hill (1801 feet) in northwest Wisconsin. Wisconsin’s Lowest Elevations:
|Map Sheet||Green Lake|
Is Wisconsin low or high altitude?
This elevation map of Wisconsin illustrates the number of feet or meters the state rises above sea level. The lowest point in Wisconsin, 581 feet above sea level, is at Lake Michigan. The highest point in the state is Timms Hill in Price County.