- 1 How do I register a boat in Wisconsin?
- 2 How much does it cost to register a boat in Wisconsin?
- 3 Do you need a title for a boat in Wisconsin?
- 4 What is required on a boat in Wisconsin?
- 5 Do you have to pay sales tax on a used boat in Wisconsin?
- 6 Can I register my boat in Wisconsin if I live in Illinois?
- 7 Do you have to register a boat with a trolling motor in Wisconsin?
- 8 Can passengers drink on a boat in Wisconsin?
- 9 Do boat trailers have titles in Wisconsin?
- 10 What paperwork do I need to sell a boat in Wisconsin?
- 11 Can you have an open container on a boat in Wisconsin?
- 12 Can you get a DUI on a kayak in Wisconsin?
- 13 Do you have to wear a life jacket on a boat in Wisconsin?
How do I register a boat in Wisconsin?
Sign into your GoWILD customer account at GoWild. WI.Gov and fill out your boat registration application online. Using the online site to transfer a titled boat will require you to mail in the boat Certificate of Title and any supporting documents to complete the transfer of ownership.
How much does it cost to register a boat in Wisconsin?
|Motorized boats 16 feet to less than 26 feet in length||$32|
|Motorized boats 26 feet to less than 40 feet in length||$60|
|Motorized boats 40 foot and over in length||$100|
Do you need a title for a boat in Wisconsin?
What boats are titled in Wisconsin. Effective February 1, 1989, the owner of a boat, 16 feet in length or greater, in Wisconsin, whether or not the boat is operated on the waters of this state, is required to hold a certificate of title.
What is required on a boat in Wisconsin?
personal flotation device or PFD (life jacket) for each person on board. approved throwable PFD on board that is immediately accessible. open vessel on federally controlled waters. requirements but are encouraged to wear a PFD.
Do you have to pay sales tax on a used boat in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin sales and rentals of watercraft, such as boats and jet skis, are subject to Wisconsin state sales taxes. * When a watercraft is stored or docked in Wisconsin, use tax is due on the purchase price of the watercraft. This applies to both new and used watercraft.
Can I register my boat in Wisconsin if I live in Illinois?
If you live in Illinois and title a boat in Wisconsin your going to get a fine! You must be a resident of Wis. to title the boat there. The DNR will check your drivers license/fishing lic. against the boat registration and they will bust ya everytime!
Do you have to register a boat with a trolling motor in Wisconsin?
Registration is required for: All motorized vessels and boats used on waters of the state; including electric trolling motors. Sailboats greater than 12 feet in length used on waters of the state. Boats registered in another state, which have been using Wisconsin waters for more than 60 consecutive days.
Can passengers drink on a boat in Wisconsin?
Can I drink and boat? State law says you can ‘t be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while behind the wheel, whether you’re on a boat or in a car. Bonus: You also can ‘t drink and surfboard, or drink and water ski according to Wisconsin state law.
Do boat trailers have titles in Wisconsin?
Gross weight trailers, including boat trailers A title and registration is required for trailers operated over 3,000 pounds. A title and registration is not required for trailers operated at or less than 3,000 pounds gross weight unless used for hire or rental.
What paperwork do I need to sell a boat in Wisconsin?
- A completed a Boat Registration and Titling Application (Form 9400-193).
- A Boat Bill of Sale.
- The original certificate of title signed over by the seller.
- If the boat was subject to a lien, a lien release from the seller.
Can you have an open container on a boat in Wisconsin?
In Wisconsin it’s legal to have open alcohol containers on a boat, and authorities can ‘t stop someone just because they suspect they ‘re drunk.
Can you get a DUI on a kayak in Wisconsin?
Can you get a DUI on a kayak in Wisconsin? Yes. You can get the equivalent of a DUI, an OUI (Operating Under the Influence) in Wisconsin with a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of 0.08%, or if under the influence of controlled drugs or other substances when operating any motorized vessel.
Do you have to wear a life jacket on a boat in Wisconsin?
Recreational boats must carry one U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket for each person aboard. The life jacket must be available and accessible.