- 1 Where in Wisconsin is Ashland located?
- 2 What is Ashland WI known for?
- 3 Is Ashland WI safe?
- 4 When was Ashland WI founded?
- 5 What is there to do in Ashland WI this weekend?
- 6 What stores are in Ashland Wisconsin?
- 7 What is there to do in Ashland WI in the winter?
- 8 Is Ashland WI a good place to live?
- 9 How Far is Ashland from Bayfield?
Where in Wisconsin is Ashland located?
Ashland is a city in Ashland and Bayfield counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. It is the county seat of Ashland County. The city is a port on Lake Superior, near the head of Chequamegon Bay.
|• Estimate (2019)||7,843|
|• Density||587.71/sq mi (226.92/km2)|
What is Ashland WI known for?
Known as the “Historic Mural Capital of Wisconsin,” Ashland’s pride in its rich history is evident in its 20 vibrant murals highlighting a particular aspect of the city’s colorful past, depicting subjects ranging from the city’s lumberjacks and military veterans to its railroads, storefronts and former massive ore dock
Is Ashland WI safe?
Ashland is in the 21st percentile for safety, meaning 79% of cities are safer and 21% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Ashland’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Ashland is 44.00 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
When was Ashland WI founded?
Ashland was incorporated as a City on March 25, 1887. It is located on Chequamegon Bay of Lake Superior. Legend says that the “Shining Big Sea Water” mentioned in Longfellow’s poem “Hiawatha” was Chequamegon Bay.
What is there to do in Ashland WI this weekend?
- ABC Raceway and ABC Racing Association. Come on out to the ABC Raceway for an evening full of family fun and racing excitement!
- Adventure Vacations – Boat & Kayak Tours.
- AmericInn of Ashland.
- Apostle Islands & Lighthouses.
- Apostle Islands Cruises.
- Apostle Islands Kayaking.
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Artesian Wells.
What stores are in Ashland Wisconsin?
The Best 10 Shopping near Ashland, WI 54806
- New England Store. 1.0 mi. 4 reviews.
- Thrift Shop. 1.0 mi. Thrift Stores.
- Solstice Outdoors. 1.0 mi. $$$ Men’s Clothing, Women’s Clothing, Outdoor Gear.
- Moore’s Army & Navy. 1.1 mi. 6 reviews.
- Antiques On Main Street. 1.1 mi. Antiques.
- Walmart Supercenter. 2.2 mi.
- L&M Fleet Supply. 1.8 mi.
- Shoe Shack. 1.0 mi.
What is there to do in Ashland WI in the winter?
From skiing to dog sledding, from ice fishing to winter hiking, there is always an excuse to get outdoors when you are visiting Northern Wisconsin!
- Let’s start right off with Ice Fishing.
- Dog Sledding.
- Fat Tire Biking.
Is Ashland WI a good place to live?
Ashland is a beautiful city, right on Lake Superior and that is worth it enough to stay here. There are plenty of views and outdoor recreation all year round. Though crime has been getting worse in this town, and it isn’t exactly safe to walk around alone at night.
How Far is Ashland from Bayfield?
There are 15.40 miles from Ashland to Bayfield in north direction and 23 miles (37.01 kilometers) by car, following the WI-13 route. Ashland and Bayfield are 28 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Ashland, WI to Bayfield, WI.