- 1 What is the capital of West Virginia the state known as the Mountain State?
- 2 Which capital city is the farthest east?
- 3 Is West Virginia considered a southern state?
- 4 What is the most eastern state in the US?
- 5 What is the most easterly state in USA?
- 6 What is the world’s most southern capital city?
- 7 What are two nicknames for Wisconsin?
- 8 Which is the Badger State?
- 9 Is Wisconsin the Copper State?
- 10 What state is considered the Deep South?
- 11 Is West Virginia a poor state?
- 12 Where is the Mason Dixon line?
What is the capital of West Virginia the state known as the Mountain State?
|Before statehood||Part of Virginia|
|Admitted to the Union||June 20, 1863 (35th)|
|Capital (and largest city)||Charleston|
Which capital city is the farthest east?
Terms in this set (8)
- Montgomery, AL. Which capital city is farther east, Springfield, Illinois or Montgomery, Alabama?
- Mississippi River. What river is the western border of the state of Illinois/
- Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana.
- New York.
- Indian Ocean.
Is West Virginia considered a southern state?
What makes a state Southern? According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the South is composed of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia—and Florida.
What is the most eastern state in the US?
Maine has the easternmost geographic center of the 50 states.
What is the most easterly state in USA?
The easternmost state is Maine at the West Quoddy Head lighthouse (66 degrees 57 minutes west.) The northernmost state is Alaska at Point Barrow (71 degrees 23 minutes north.) The westernmost state is also Alaska at Cape Wrangell on Attu Island (172 degrees 27 minutes east.)
What is the world’s most southern capital city?
New Zealand’s capital, Wellington, sits at the southwestern tip of North Island near the Cook Strait. The city in the second largest in New Zealand (after Auckland), and at 41 south latitude, it is the southernmost capital city in the world.
What are two nicknames for Wisconsin?
- Sconnie Nation.
- The Dairy State.
- The Middle Coast.
Which is the Badger State?
Badger State: The History Behind Wisconsin’s Name. We all know that Wisconsin is the Badger State, and we’re proud of it!
Is Wisconsin the Copper State?
The Copper State This nickname is in reference to the Copper mines in the northern part of the state.
What state is considered the Deep South?
The Deep South Also known as “The cotton states,” the states we refer to as the “ deep south ” include South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
Is West Virginia a poor state?
West Virginia Despite its relatively small and falling population, the state has a high poverty rate of 16%. While this is higher than the national average, it’s also the lowest rate of poverty West Virginia has seen in almost 20 years.
Where is the Mason Dixon line?
Where is the Mason – Dixon Line? For the cartographers in the room, the Mason and Dixon Line is an east-west line located at 39º43’20” N starting south of Philadelphia and east of the Delaware River.