- 1 What is Wausau WI famous for?
- 2 Is Wausau WI A good place to live?
- 3 Is Wausau a small town?
- 4 Is Wausau WI safe?
- 5 What airlines fly into Wausau WI?
- 6 Is Wausau WI rural?
- 7 How much snow does Wausau get?
- 8 Where should I move in Wisconsin?
- 9 Is wi a good state to retire in?
- 10 What restaurants are in Wausau?
- 11 What insurance is Wausau?
- 12 What is there to do in Wausau this weekend?
- 13 What is the crime rate in Wausau Wisconsin?
- 14 What is the crime rate in Stevens Point Wisconsin?
- 15 How far is Wausau from Kenosha Wisconsin?
What is Wausau WI famous for?
Some of the reasons for Wausau’s good fortune, was its location, one of the best water powers on the Wisconsin River and an exceptional group of people who reformed the economy of the city in the early part of the 20th century. They came to be known as the Wausau Group.
Is Wausau WI A good place to live?
Wausau is a town in Wisconsin with a population of 38,735. Wausau is in Marathon County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. Living in Wausau offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. The public schools in Wausau are highly rated.
Is Wausau a small town?
Wausau is a decent sized city, slowly growing and expanding. Not a lot of job opportunities. Wausau is a small town where a lot of people know each other. There is not much to do, but there is becoming more places to eat.
Is Wausau WI safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Wausau is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Wausau is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Wisconsin, Wausau has a crime rate that is higher than 83% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What airlines fly into Wausau WI?
American, Delta, and United Airlines all service Wausau Central Wisconsin Airport and can connect you to O’Hare, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Detroit, where you can also continue on to other domestic or international destination.
Is Wausau WI rural?
WAUSAU, Wis. Rural Wisconsin is mostly white—but certainly not exclusively so. Ranging from 80% non-Hispanic white in Wausau to almost 95% or more in smaller cities like Marshfield or Merrill, the agencies that police them, unsurprisingly, reflect that.
How much snow does Wausau get?
|Wausau, Wisconsin||United States|
|Snowfall||55.8 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||125.7 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||186 days||205 days|
|Avg. July High||79.7°||85.8°|
Where should I move in Wisconsin?
Cost of living in Wisconsin is affordable, and an unemployment rate of just over 4 per cent is lower than the national average. Here is our selection of the 15 best places to live in Wisconsin.
- Whitefish Bay. Source: Tony Webster / Flickr Whitefish Bay.
- Elm Grove.
- Fox Point.
Is wi a good state to retire in?
Wisconsin has more to offer retirees than good cheese and Green Bay Packers games, although who wouldn’t like that? This beautiful state makes it easy to reconnect with nature during your retirement, thanks to its beautiful lakes and forest and the presence of all four seasons.
What restaurants are in Wausau?
- City Grill. 203 Jefferson Street. 715-848-2900.
- Downtown Grocery. 607 Third Street. 715-848-9800.
- Erbert & Gebert’s Subs and Salads. 329 S 4th Street.
- Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge. 713 Grant St.
- La Prima Deli. 529 third Street.
- Mint Cafe. 422 3rd Street.
- Ugly Mug Coffee House. 300 Third Street Suite 103.
- Peking Restaurant. 221 Scott St.
What insurance is Wausau?
Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company is located in Wausau, WI, United States and is part of the Property/Casualty Insurance Carriers Industry. Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company has 3 total employees across all of its locations and generates $45.49 million in sales (USD). (Sales figure is estimated).
What is there to do in Wausau this weekend?
20 Must-Visit Attractions in Wausau, Wisconsin
- Rib Mountain State Park. Park. Facebook.
- State Park Speedway. Sports Center. Facebook.
- Isle of Ferns Park. Bridge, Park. Facebook.
- Nine Mile Forest. Ski Resort. Facebook.
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. Museum. Facebook.
- Granite Peak. Park, Skate Park, Ski Resort.
- The Grand Theater. Opera House, Theater.
- Willow Springs Garden. Building.
What is the crime rate in Wausau Wisconsin?
The Wausau WI crime rate for 2018 was 307.64 per 100,000 population, a 2.88% decline from 2017. The Wausau WI crime rate for 2017 was 316.75 per 100,000 population, a 8.61% increase from 2016. The Wausau WI crime rate for 2016 was 291.63 per 100,000 population, a 9.29% increase from 2015.
What is the crime rate in Stevens Point Wisconsin?
Stevens Point has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Stevens Point is 1 in 70.
How far is Wausau from Kenosha Wisconsin?
Distance from Kenosha, WI to Wausau, WI There are 187.23 miles from Kenosha to Wausau in northwest direction and 223 miles (358.88 kilometers) by car, following the US-45 route. Kenosha and Wausau are 3 hours 35 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.