- 1 What makes Wisconsin unique?
- 2 What are the bad things about Wisconsin?
- 3 Do I want to move to Wisconsin?
- 4 What is Wisconsin’s most famous for?
- 5 What is illegal in Wisconsin?
- 6 Who is richest person in Wisconsin?
- 7 What are the cons of living in Wisconsin?
- 8 Is Wisconsin a nice state?
- 9 Is Green Bay a good place to live?
- 10 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
- 11 Is it expensive to live in Wisconsin?
- 12 Is it cheaper to live in Wisconsin or Illinois?
- 13 What are people in Wisconsin known for?
- 14 What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
- 15 What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
What makes Wisconsin unique?
Wisconsin is a leading producer of Ginseng in the United States. Green Bay is known as the “Toilet Paper Capital” of the world. The first ice cream sundae was concocted in Two Rivers in 1881. According to Wisconsin stories, Wisconsin contains more ghosts per square mile than any other state in the nation.
What are the bad things about Wisconsin?
10 Disgusting Facts About Wisconsin You Would Be Better Off Not Knowing
- We lead the nation in drunk driving arrests.
- 90% of our lakes have polluted runoff.
- Wisconsin has the highest disparity between children of different races in meeting educational goals.
- We are ranked last in the Midwest for job creation.
Do I want to move to Wisconsin?
10 Reasons to Move to Wisconsin
- Two words: The.
- Madison is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the country.
- You’ll never be bored.
- Housing costs are well below the national average.
- The place is sports crazy.
- Farm-to-table has a whole new meaning when half the state is devoted to farmland.
- You’ll never want to be indoors.
What is Wisconsin’s most famous for?
Wisconsin is the dairy capital of the United States and is sometimes called “America’s Dairyland.” It has more dairy cows than any other state (1,500,000), produces more milk than any other state — and 15% of the entire country’s milk. Wisconsin has over 14,000 lakes and 7,446 streams and rivers.
What is illegal in Wisconsin?
Not Many People Realize That These 10 Things Are Actually Illegal In Wisconsin
- You can’t serve margarine at a restaurant unless the customer specifically requests it.
- It is illegal to not give a farm animal the right of way on a public road.
- It is illegal to not base business hours on central time.
- Adultery is illegal.
Who is richest person in Wisconsin?
Home improvement store magnate John Menard Jr., the richest man in Wisconsin, saw his net worth grow by nearly $3 billion over the past year, Forbes magazine reported as part of its annual list of the world’s wealthiest people.
What are the cons of living in Wisconsin?
- Higher taxes: According to 2019 Tax Rates by State by WalletHub, Wisconsin is ranked #45 overall in the country.
- Extreme temperatures: This goes both ways.
- Moo smell: As the main producer of dairy in the United States, all that production comes with one stinky problem: manure.
Is Wisconsin a nice state?
WISCONSIN — Wisconsin has been named 2019’s 6th best state to live in, according to a new report. The report by WalletHub found compared all 50 states across 51 key indicators of livability, including housing costs, income growth, and quality of hospitals.
Is Green Bay a good place to live?
Green Bay is in Brown County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. Living in Green Bay offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Green Bay there are a lot of bars and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Green Bay and residents tend to lean conservative.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
In any case, a family of four could live comfortably on a little more than $4,000 a month or approximately $48,000 per year. This would include all expenses such as mortgage and car payments, school feeds, food, utilities, and miscellaneous.
Is it expensive to live in Wisconsin?
Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Wisconsin is cheaper than the US average. Wisconsin cost of living is 90.9.
|COST OF LIVING||Wisconsin||United States|
|Median Home Cost||$188,100||$231,200|
Is it cheaper to live in Wisconsin or Illinois?
Illinois is 6.3% more expensive than Wisconsin.
What are people in Wisconsin known for?
Wisconsin is known for what it produces: dairy, lumber, and beer. In addition to this work, the state is known for its play: fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and vacationing in the Dells are some of the activities Wisconsin is famous for. Wisconsin is also known for its Native American culture.
What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
1. Oshkosh. The small town of Oshkosh on Lake Winnebago, northwest of Milwaukee, is famous for two things: the popular line of kids’ clothing and its place on the world’s airshow circuit. The world’s largest meeting of aviators, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has been held here every summer since 1970.
What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
Wisconsin cranberries may not be as famous as Door County Cherries, but they’re no underdog. Cranberries are actually Wisconsin’s official state fruit, and the state produces more than half of the entire world’s supply!