- 1 What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
- 2 What is there to do in Wisconsin this weekend?
- 3 What is there to do in Wisconsin in the summer?
- 4 What is there to do in Wisconsin right now?
- 5 What is the most popular dessert in Wisconsin?
- 6 Who is the most famous person from Wisconsin?
- 7 What is Wisconsin famous for?
- 8 What is there to do indoors in Wisconsin?
- 9 Is Wisconsin a good place to live?
- 10 What is the average temperature in Wisconsin in the summer?
- 11 Where should I vacation in Wisconsin in the summer?
- 12 Where should I go for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin?
- 13 What is special about Wisconsin?
What’s the number one attraction in Wisconsin?
1. Oshkosh. The small town of Oshkosh on Lake Winnebago, northwest of Milwaukee, is famous for two things: the popular line of kids’ clothing and its place on the world’s airshow circuit. The world’s largest meeting of aviators, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has been held here every summer since 1970.
What is there to do in Wisconsin this weekend?
If you want to be surprised, here are the best things to do in Wisconsin to jump-start your next vacation.
- Harley-Davidson Museum — Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin Deer Park — Wisconsin Dells.
- Wisconsin State Capitol — Madison.
- Henry Vilas Zoo — Madison.
- Noah’s Ark Water Park — Wisconsin Dells.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens — Madison.
What is there to do in Wisconsin in the summer?
- Trek on the Ice Age Trail.
- Fall for Pattison State Park.
- Climb the cliffs at Devil’s Lake.
- Take in views of the Mighty Miss at Wyalusing.
- Go for the gorge at Parfrey’s Glen.
- Walk on the wild side at Porcupine Lake.
- Stroll among the sunflowers at Pope Farm.
What is there to do in Wisconsin right now?
Lets explore the best things to do in Wisconsin:
- Cave of the Mounds. Source: wtmj Cave of the Mounds.
- Interstate State Park. Source: flickr Interstate State Park.
- Historic Cedarburg. Source: flickr Historic Cedarburg.
- Wisconsin State Capitol.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
- National Railroad Museum.
- Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Apostle Islands.
What is the most popular dessert in Wisconsin?
A popular Wisconsin dessert is the cream puff, a type of profiterole that is a famous treat at the Wisconsin State Fair. The southeastern Wisconsin city of Racine is known for its Danish kringle, a sweet flaky pastry often served as a dessert.
Who is the most famous person from Wisconsin?
- Thorstein Veblen economist, Cato Township.
- Orson Welles actor and producer, Kenosha.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder author, Pepin.
- Thornton Wilder author, Madison.
- Charles Winninger actor, Athen.
- Frank Lloyd Wright architect, Richland Center.
- Bob Uecker baseball player, Milwaukee.
- Les Paul musician, Waukesha.
What is Wisconsin famous for?
The state is one of the nation’s leading dairy producers and is known as “America’s Dairyland”; it is particularly famous for its cheese. The state is also famous for its beer, particularly and historically in Milwaukee.
What is there to do indoors in Wisconsin?
10 Things to Do on a Rainy Day in Wisconsin
- New Glarus Brewery Tour.
- EAA Air Venture Museum.
- Miller Park.
- Falls Theater.
- Door County Trolley.
- Vitense Golfland.
- The John Michael Kohler Arts Center.
- Lotto’s Log Cabin Rustic Furniture Classes.
Is Wisconsin a good place to live?
Is Wisconsin a great place to live? Wisconsin is considered a great place to live for its good schools, easily affordable big cities, beautiful natural vistas, and midwestern hospitality. The cities of Milwaukee, Eau Claire, and Appleton remain some of the top spots to raise a family in the United States.
What is the average temperature in Wisconsin in the summer?
The average high temperatures hover in the 60° F (15.6°C) to 74° F (23.3°C) range, while the average low temperatures are in the warm 55° F (12.8°C) to 65° F (18.3°C) range. Peak summer temperatures hold no more in September, but the days are long and bright with a drop in the amount of rain.
Where should I vacation in Wisconsin in the summer?
Take a look at the best places to take a summer vacation in Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee. If the buzz of city life appeals to you, then head over to Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin Dells. Scenic bluffs and meandering waterways characterize this gem location in southern Wisconsin.
- Green Bay.
- La Crosse.
Where should I go for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin?
12 Top-Rated Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin
- Door County. Canal Island Lighthouse, Door County.
- Scenic Byways. Scenic Byways.
- Madison. Madison.
- Cedarburg. Covered bridge near Cedarburg.
- Green Bay. Green Bay.
- Milwaukee. Milwaukee.
- Bayfield and the Apostle Islands. Ice caves on Lake Superior near Bayfield.
- Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva.
What is special about Wisconsin?
Wisconsin is a leading producer of Ginseng in the United States. Green Bay is known as the “Toilet Paper Capital” of the world. The first ice cream sundae was concocted in Two Rivers in 1881. The Fox River is one of the few rivers in the nation that flows north.