- 1 How far is Wausau from Milwaukee?
- 2 Where in Wisconsin is Wausau?
- 3 What is Wausau WI famous for?
- 4 Is Wausau a small town?
- 5 Is Wausau a safe place to live?
- 6 Is Wausau WI A good place to live?
- 7 Is Wausau WI rural?
- 8 What airlines fly into Wausau WI?
- 9 How far is Wausau Wisconsin from Chicago?
- 10 What is there to do in Wausau WI today?
- 11 What is there to do in Wausau at night?
- 12 What insurance is Wausau?
- 13 How much snow does Wausau get?
- 14 What restaurants are in Wausau?
- 15 How far is Wausau from Madison?
How far is Wausau from Milwaukee?
Distance between Wausau and Milwaukee is 254 kilometers (158 miles). Driving distance from Wausau to Milwaukee is 304 kilometers (189 miles).
Where in Wisconsin is Wausau?
Wausau, city, seat (1850) of Marathon county, north-central Wisconsin, U.S. It lies on the Wisconsin River, about 90 miles (150 km) northwest of Green Bay. Settled in 1839 as a sawmill town, it was first called Big Bull Falls; by 1850 it had been renamed Wausau (Ojibwa: “Faraway Place”).
What is Wausau WI famous for?
Some of the reasons for Wausau’s good fortune, was its location, one of the best water powers on the Wisconsin River and an exceptional group of people who reformed the economy of the city in the early part of the 20th century. They came to be known as the Wausau Group.
Is Wausau a small town?
Wausau is a decent sized city, slowly growing and expanding. Not a lot of job opportunities. Wausau is a small town where a lot of people know each other. There is not much to do, but there is becoming more places to eat.
Is Wausau a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Wausau is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Wausau is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Wisconsin, Wausau has a crime rate that is higher than 83% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Wausau WI A good place to live?
Wausau is a town in Wisconsin with a population of 38,735. Wausau is in Marathon County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. Living in Wausau offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. The public schools in Wausau are highly rated.
Is Wausau WI rural?
WAUSAU, Wis. Rural Wisconsin is mostly white—but certainly not exclusively so. Ranging from 80% non-Hispanic white in Wausau to almost 95% or more in smaller cities like Marshfield or Merrill, the agencies that police them, unsurprisingly, reflect that.
What airlines fly into Wausau WI?
American, Delta, and United Airlines all service Wausau Central Wisconsin Airport and can connect you to O’Hare, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Detroit, where you can also continue on to other domestic or international destination.
How far is Wausau Wisconsin from Chicago?
276 miles / 444 km Chicago to Wausau drive.
What is there to do in Wausau WI today?
20 Must-Visit Attractions in Wausau, Wisconsin
- Rib Mountain State Park. Park. Facebook.
- State Park Speedway. Sports Center. Facebook.
- Isle of Ferns Park. Bridge, Park. Facebook.
- Nine Mile Forest. Ski Resort. Facebook.
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. Museum. Facebook.
- Granite Peak. Park, Skate Park, Ski Resort.
- The Grand Theater. Opera House, Theater.
- Willow Springs Garden. Building.
What is there to do in Wausau at night?
- U Paint & Party. Art Galleries • Bars & Clubs.
- El Tequila Salsa. Bars & Clubs.
- Limerick’s Public House. Bars & Clubs.
- Denmar Tavern. Bars & Clubs.
- Treu’s Tic Toc. Bars & Clubs.
- Lucky’s Eastside Pub. Bars & Clubs.
- Oz Night Club Llc. Bars & Clubs.
- Lumpy’s Bar. Bars & Clubs.
What insurance is Wausau?
Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company is located in Wausau, WI, United States and is part of the Property/Casualty Insurance Carriers Industry. Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company has 3 total employees across all of its locations and generates $45.49 million in sales (USD). (Sales figure is estimated).
How much snow does Wausau get?
|Wausau, Wisconsin||United States|
|Snowfall||55.8 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||125.7 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||186 days||205 days|
|Avg. July High||79.7°||85.8°|
What restaurants are in Wausau?
- City Grill. 203 Jefferson Street. 715-848-2900.
- Downtown Grocery. 607 Third Street. 715-848-9800.
- Erbert & Gebert’s Subs and Salads. 329 S 4th Street.
- Hiawatha Restaurant & Lounge. 713 Grant St.
- La Prima Deli. 529 third Street.
- Mint Cafe. 422 3rd Street.
- Ugly Mug Coffee House. 300 Third Street Suite 103.
- Peking Restaurant. 221 Scott St.
How far is Wausau from Madison?
There are 130.80 miles from Wausau to Madison in south direction and 143 miles (230.14 kilometers) by car, following the US-51 route. Wausau and Madison are 2 hours 15 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Wausau, WI to Madison, WI. The halfway point is Coloma, WI.