What is Tomahawk Wisconsin known for?
The city was incorporated in 1891. In the 10 years after the first construction camps were built, Tomahawk grew rapidly, boasting many stores, a three-story hotel, many saw mills, a paper mill, and service via three railroads.
What grocery stores are in Tomahawk Wisconsin?
Best grocery store near Tomahawk, WI 54487
- Trig’sFood&Drug. 2.8 mi. Bakeries, Grocery, Beer, Wine & Spirits.
- Nelson’s County Market. 2.8 mi. 1 review.
- Tomahawk Iga. 2.5 mi. Grocery.
- Northwoods Store. 8.7 mi. 1 review.
- Cheese Shoppe. 3.4 mi. 5 reviews.
- Nelson’s Full Service Floral. 2.8 mi. Grocery, Beer, Wine & Spirits, Florists, Laundry Services.
How did Tomahawk Wisconsin get its name?
This school which later became known as the Kindergarten Building and today it’s open to the public as a museum in downtown Tomahawk. In the early days, Native Americans, who made this area their favorite hunting grounds, named this spot “ Tomahawk,” which means “made by nature’s own hands.”
What is the elevation in Tomahawk Wisconsin?
Tomahawk (town), Wisconsin
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,512 ft (461 m)|