- 1 Is Madison Wisconsin a good place to live?
- 2 Is it safe to live in Madison Wisconsin?
- 3 What is Madison Wisconsin known for?
- 4 Is it expensive to live in Madison WI?
- 5 What is the safest town in Wisconsin?
- 6 Why do people like Madison Wisconsin?
- 7 Is Milwaukee safer than Madison?
- 8 How much snow does Madison Wisconsin get?
- 9 What are the bad neighborhoods in Madison?
- 10 What do you call people from Madison Wisconsin?
- 11 What is the racial makeup of Madison Wisconsin?
- 12 What food is Madison WI known for?
- 13 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Madison WI?
- 14 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
- 15 What is the cheapest state to live in?
Is Madison Wisconsin a good place to live?
Madison has a reputation as one of the best college towns in the country (and one of the best places for recent college grads), but Wisconsin’s capital city has so much more to offer. Madison is ranked so high on this year’s Top 100 Best Places to Live list because it excels in nearly every category across the board.
Is it safe to live in Madison Wisconsin?
Madison slotted in the 10th spot in its latest rankings of safest places to live in the U.S., which weighs homicide and property crime rates per capita. U.S. News placed its 2018 violent crime rate at 209.5 incidences per 100,000 people and 1153.2 per 100,000 for property crimes.
What is Madison Wisconsin known for?
Madison is known for its superb selection of craft beverages, featured at events like: Great Taste of the Midwest, Craft Beer Week and Isthmus Beer & Cheese Festival.
Is it expensive to live in Madison WI?
Madison’s housing expenses are 9% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 5% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 7% higher than the national average. Madison has grocery prices that are 3% higher than the national average.
What is the safest town in Wisconsin?
Waterford Town is the new safest city in Wisconsin, topping the list with 0 reported violent crimes, and just 24 reported property crimes. No city reported more than 10 total violent crimes. Hobart-Lawrence had the most with only 8.
Why do people like Madison Wisconsin?
1. It’s a vibrant cultural hub of art, music, food, and beer. Madison is ranked fifth in Livability’s list of best food cities for its collection of renowned chefs, top restaurants, and food cooperatives and festivals that take advantage of locally grown foods.
Is Milwaukee safer than Madison?
Milwaukee has a higher incidence (rate per 1,000 population) of murder, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny and vehicle theft. Madison has a high incidence of forcible rape. So, overall, Madison is safer.
How much snow does Madison Wisconsin get?
The US average is 28 inches of snow per year. Climate Averages.
|Madison, Wisconsin||United States|
|Rainfall||36.1 in.||38.1 in.|
|Snowfall||42.4 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||114.9 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||187 days||205 days|
What are the bad neighborhoods in Madison?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Madison
- Norman Acres. Norman Acres is the number one most dangerous neighborhood in Madison.
- Wexford Ridge. Wexford Ridge has a population of 175 people and has a violent crime rate that is 380 percent higher than the Madison average.
- North Lake Mendota.
- Park Ridge.
- Brentwood Village.
- Westchester Gardens.
- Emerson East.
- Eken Park.
What do you call people from Madison Wisconsin?
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
|Zip Codes||show ZIP Codes|
What is the racial makeup of Madison Wisconsin?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Madison was: White: 78.59% Asian: 8.95% Black or African American: 7.01%
What food is Madison WI known for?
14 Ridiculously Yummy Foods You Must Eat In Madison, Wisconsin
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal Pancakes at Short Stack Eatery.
- Hot & Spicy Cheese Bread from Stella’s Bakery.
- Old Fashioned Donut at Greenbush Bakery.
- Mac and Cheese Pizza at Ian’s Pizza.
- The F-Bomb Platter at Banzo.
- The Graze Burger at Graze.
- The Tomato Pie at Salvatore’s Tomato Pies.
- The Works at Paul’s Pel’mini.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Madison WI?
|0 Children||1 Child|
|Required annual income after taxes||$25,733||$55,285|
|Required annual income before taxes||$32,255||$69,296|
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
In any case, a family of four could live comfortably on a little more than $4,000 a month or approximately $48,000 per year. This would include all expenses such as mortgage and car payments, school feeds, food, utilities, and miscellaneous.
What is the cheapest state to live in?
The cheapest state to live in in the United States is Mississippi. Overall, Mississippi’s average cost of living is about 15% lower than the national average cost of living. Mississippi’s living wage is only $48,537 and has the cheapest personal necessities anywhere in the country.