- 1 What are bad things about Wisconsin?
- 2 Is it good to live in Wisconsin?
- 3 What is Wisconsin well known for?
- 4 What is special about Wisconsin?
- 5 What are the cons of living in Wisconsin?
- 6 Is Green Bay a good place to live?
- 7 What is the highest paying job in Wisconsin?
- 8 Is Wisconsin cheap to live?
- 9 How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
- 10 What is illegal in Wisconsin?
- 11 What is the main religion in Wisconsin?
- 12 Why is Wisconsin Cheese the best?
- 13 Was there slavery in Wisconsin?
- 14 What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
- 15 Is Deerlaken Wisconsin a real town?
What are bad things about Wisconsin?
10 Disgusting Facts About Wisconsin You Would Be Better Off Not Knowing
- We lead the nation in drunk driving arrests.
- 90% of our lakes have polluted runoff.
- Wisconsin has the highest disparity between children of different races in meeting educational goals.
- We are ranked last in the Midwest for job creation.
Is it good to live in Wisconsin?
Is Wisconsin a great place to live? Wisconsin is considered a great place to live for its good schools, easily affordable big cities, beautiful natural vistas, and midwestern hospitality. The highly-rated schools make Wisconsin attractive to families, as well as the stark four seasons that cycle throughout the year.
What is Wisconsin well known for?
The state is one of the nation’s leading dairy producers and is known as “America’s Dairyland”; it is particularly famous for its cheese. Manufacturing (especially paper products), information technology, cranberries, ginseng, and tourism are also major contributors to the state’s economy.
What is special about Wisconsin?
Wisconsin is a leading producer of Ginseng in the United States. Green Bay is known as the “Toilet Paper Capital” of the world. The first ice cream sundae was concocted in Two Rivers in 1881. The Fox River is one of the few rivers in the nation that flows north.
What are the cons of living in Wisconsin?
- Higher taxes: According to 2019 Tax Rates by State by WalletHub, Wisconsin is ranked #45 overall in the country.
- Extreme temperatures: This goes both ways.
- Moo smell: As the main producer of dairy in the United States, all that production comes with one stinky problem: manure.
Is Green Bay a good place to live?
Green Bay is in Brown County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. Living in Green Bay offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Green Bay there are a lot of bars and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Green Bay and residents tend to lean conservative.
What is the highest paying job in Wisconsin?
Detailed List Of Highest Paying Jobs In Wisconsin
|Rank||Job Title||Average Salary|
|1||Obstetricians And Gynecologists||$274,410|
|3||General Internal Medicine Physicians||$253,900|
|4||Family Medicine Physicians||$251,710|
Is Wisconsin cheap to live?
Housing costs in Wisconsin are extremely affordable and nearly 15% below the national average. Housing costs drop significantly in the central and northern parts of the state. Milwaukee and Madison pull the average up, but housing in Green Bay and Appleton are more than 20% lower than the national average.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Wisconsin?
In any case, a family of four could live comfortably on a little more than $4,000 a month or approximately $48,000 per year. This would include all expenses such as mortgage and car payments, school feeds, food, utilities, and miscellaneous.
What is illegal in Wisconsin?
Not Many People Realize That These 10 Things Are Actually Illegal In Wisconsin
- You can’t serve margarine at a restaurant unless the customer specifically requests it.
- It is illegal to not give a farm animal the right of way on a public road.
- It is illegal to not base business hours on central time.
- Adultery is illegal.
What is the main religion in Wisconsin?
Christianity is the most prevalent religion in Wisconsin with 71% of the population affiliated to the faith.
Why is Wisconsin Cheese the best?
Wisconsin has long been known for its award-winning cheeses, and for good reason. Known around the world as America’s Dairyland, Wisconsin has ranked No. “Our culture of innovation, combined with our rich heritage, has inspired some of the best cheeses in the world. Our cheesemakers have the awards to prove it.”
Was there slavery in Wisconsin?
Slaves were held in Wisconsin for more than a century, and documentary evidence exists confirming about 100 different individuals.
What fruit is Wisconsin known for?
Wisconsin cranberries may not be as famous as Door County Cherries, but they’re no underdog. Cranberries are actually Wisconsin’s official state fruit, and the state produces more than half of the entire world’s supply!
Is Deerlaken Wisconsin a real town?
“Irresistible” is set in the fictional Wisconsin city of Deerlaken. (Closest thing might be Deer Lake, though it’s a body of water in Polk County.) But filming of “Irresistible” began last spring in Georgia in Atlanta, Rome and Rockmart, a town about 50 miles to the west with a population of more than 4,000.