- 1 What county is Lake Geneva Wisconsin located in?
- 2 Is Lake Geneva WI safe?
- 3 What cities make up Walworth County?
- 4 Is Lake Geneva WI rural?
- 5 Is Lake Geneva WI A good place to live?
- 6 Is Lake Geneva clean to swim in?
- 7 What is the crime rate in Lake Geneva Wisconsin?
- 8 How do I spend a day in Lake Geneva?
- 9 How much does it cost to get into Lake Geneva beach?
- 10 How far is Walworth County from Milwaukee?
- 11 Is Elkhorn a city or town?
- 12 How far is Lake Geneva from Milwaukee?
- 13 How far is Lake Geneva from Green Bay?
What county is Lake Geneva Wisconsin located in?
Lake Geneva, resort city, Walworth county, southeastern Wisconsin, U.S. It lies on the northeastern shore of Lake Geneva (Geneva Lake) at its outlet, the White River, about 45 miles (70 km) southwest of Milwaukee. It was settled in 1836 and was named for Geneva, New York.
Is Lake Geneva WI safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Lake Geneva is 1 in 52. Based on FBI crime data, Lake Geneva is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Wisconsin, Lake Geneva has a crime rate that is higher than 86% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What cities make up Walworth County?
- East Troy.
- La Grange.
Is Lake Geneva WI rural?
Population in 2019: 8,105 (99% urban, 1% rural ).
Is Lake Geneva WI A good place to live?
Lake Geneva is in Walworth County and is one of the best places to live in Wisconsin. Living in Lake Geneva offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Lake Geneva there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Lake Geneva are highly rated.
Is Lake Geneva clean to swim in?
Swimming in Lake Geneva The waters of Lake Geneva are reasonably clean and offer great opportunities for swimming from around June to September. Of the 116 public beaches on Lake Geneva, the water quality at only one was considered unsafe for swimming in 2010. Access is free to most public beaches at Lake Geneva.
What is the crime rate in Lake Geneva Wisconsin?
The rate of crime in Lake Geneva is 34.31 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Lake Geneva generally consider the southeast part of the city to be the safest.
How do I spend a day in Lake Geneva?
- Visit the Geneva Lake Museum.
- Explore Downtown Lake Geneva.
- Visit the Yerkes Observatory.
- Hit the best beaches near Lake Geneva, WI.
- Enjoy the best restaurants in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
- Wander at the Lake Geneva Shore Path.
- Stay in a historic mansion.
- Rent a romantic cabin in Lake Geneva, WI.
How much does it cost to get into Lake Geneva beach?
(May 24 through May 28, 2021 there is NO charge for the beach. No lifeguards will be on duty; swim at your own risk.) Daily admission to the beach can be purchased at any of the four pay stations located near the beach entrance during regular beach hours.
How far is Walworth County from Milwaukee?
There are 49.66 miles from Walworth to Milwaukee in northeast direction and 59 miles (94.95 kilometers) by car, following the I-43 N route. Walworth and Milwaukee are 1 hour 5 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Walworth, WI to Milwaukee, WI.
Is Elkhorn a city or town?
Elkhorn is a city in Walworth County, Wisconsin, United States. It is located 40 miles (64 km) southwest of Milwaukee.
How far is Lake Geneva from Milwaukee?
There are 40.84 miles from Milwaukee to Lake Geneva in southwest direction and 51 miles (82.08 kilometers) by car, following the I-43 S route. Milwaukee and Lake Geneva are 58 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Lake Geneva from Green Bay?
Distance from Lake Geneva, WI to Green Bay, WI There are 134.78 miles from Lake Geneva to Green Bay in north direction and 172 miles (276.81 kilometers) by car, following the I-41 and US-41 route.